How to Rank any Website in less than 2 months ! -1

 Ranking a Website and website SEO .

Let me say from the start I knew nothing about ranking a website!


The process I would say is as follows 

  1. Buy domain with keyword in the title / URL- Google domains 
  2. Get hosting on a super fast host / Green geeks / English support for your website 24/7 / Simply amazing service.
  3. Get wordpress - the rest are tedious - second option is a landing page I recommend another builder for small one page sites called Swipe pages 
  4. Get a GMB - Google my Business profile - its Free and from Google and can be operated from your smartphone 
  5. Get Citations on fiverr - biggest draw card in local search - NAP being consistent. 
  6. Learn Basic SEO and web page optimization via the Moz Pie chart - This is your bible 
  7. Get a tracking software as you start your journey - Brightlocal $49 per month and you can help out 5 other businesses once you've taught yourself ...
  8. Use the Semrush - Moz - Ahreffs free trial periods to learn SEO to a higher level 
  9. Build up your portfolio - get reviews for your GMB listing ,Facebook reviews ,Trustpilot reviews, be religious about this 
  10. Using Google analytics , free from Google analyse your traffic and see what content - search terms are relevant to your industry and site and add these with Fiverr to your site - get content written on Fiverr 
  11. Level Up - Get the paid version of Semrush - search your competitors back link profile 
  12.     Brightlocal has a great citation checking service you can properly check your competitors sites and emulate their strategy , get the same back links as them and get the same citations 
  13. Get reviews and add widgets to your website from Trustpilot - Facebook - and GMB widget - Wordpress has all these plugins to add widgets for free .Its proves multi platform credibility.
  14. link your google search console to your website at the outset and wait for all the search terms that goole sees your site get hits for - then base your new and optomised site content  on these search terms 
This is the process and steps I took 

Well, I do now, but I did not when I started. I'm an electrician by trade.

The way I got into SEO has been a 3 year long journey .


I run my own electrical install and testing  company - www.zaelectrical.com

The company struggled to rank on first page and the Google map pack / snack pack 

This was a problem I wanted to solve. How do I, a one man band, compete with established companies who have 20 + staff members and a budget of £2000 per month and then some?

 Well, short answer is "Yes, you can!", but it took lots of research and trial and errors. 


At first, I gave up.


I was interested in taking a stab at internet retail and I attempted selling products on Amazon in the USA.

9000 meters of climbing rope - 10m/ 20m /30m denominations / Unbranded 

650 units of climbing chalk / Branded - XLR8

400 units of unbranded climbing chalk 

I was out of my depth and had to study PPC via YouTube videos and it felt that I was fighting a losing battle. I barely broke even after Amazon's storage fees and monthly charges and charges for delivering my products from their warehouses. They also lost some of my stock ...


I then tried Shopify and the drop shipping model combined with  Facebook ads 

This gave me back a glimmer of hope  that online sales were the way forward again , seeing the metrics of the impressions of advertising on a platform that works - Facebook 


I eventually broke even, well sort of and vowed not to give up , but to take these lessons and try and apply the correct PPC to my business in the UK 

ZA Electrical Ltd 

OK, so here the journey technically starts:

  • Lots of videos on YouTube later 
  • SEO experts - £200 a month for 4 months 
  • Wiring up a friends house , which caused numerous rifts - in exchange for a website 
  • Re-doing the website again myself with help from a person on Fiverr 
  • And then having to do it again with help from a friend I met through a work contact  (He informed me that he was doing the bare bones site after I had given him an outline explaining that I had been let down time and time again)

He pulled the site together. Amen


I had super ambition and hoped it would rank immediately 


Talk about living in a dream 

I started to study with the same ambition I had applied to Amazon , every night after my day work I would study 


Then things started to make sense to me.

You can't beat what already has been done - big companies can out budget you and out staff you every day of the week 

So DO NOT reinvent the wheel I thought 

What are they doing and how is that working ?


This is where having the right tools is my only chance, I decided.

Get a domain from Google Domains  with the main keyword in the title 

Get a domain Host from Green Geeks - the fastest Host and 24/7 Helpline 

The first thing I learnt is Google My Business - GMB

In the UK you have a big authority for trades called Checkatrade with unlimited budget and 2 million back links - Yes, 2 million 

You wont beat these people so ...

Emulate - and over ride them 


Step 1 -Cue- Moz Pie chart 



This is a gem and started me on the road properly. It basically gives you a % of every item on the checklist to be completed for local and organic map positioning 

So during studying I learnt the basics are ...


Buy a Domain on Google domains with your keyword in the title 

Purchase hosting on a superfast Host - Green Geeks 


Links and Authority 

  1. Google index Count
  2. Link count 
  3. Linking Domains 
  4. Majestic C Flow
  5. Domain Authority
  6. Website age 
Rank Checking 

  1. Google 
  2. Google Mobile 
  3. Google Maps 
  4. Bing 
  5. Bing Local 
Google My Business 

  1. This is claiming your business on the GMB app and building your profile.I will elaborate further down on this Blog . 
On site SEO of your Website 

  1. Page Load speed 
  2. Robots.txt
  3. XML Sitemap
  4. Errors
  5. Internal links 
  6. URLs
  7. SSL
  8. SEO
  9. Page Titles 
  10. Page descriptions 
  11. Open graph tags 
  12. Twitter card tags 
  13. Image alt tags 
  14. H1 Tags 
  15. Word count 
  16. Flash 
  17. Responsive design 
  18. Mobile friendly 
  19. Mobile load speed 
  20. Mobile rendering 
Content 

  1. Address
  2. Phone number 
  3. Schema.org Markup
  4. Top Keywords 
The road book I started with is Local Viking for GMB listings 
Find it here -Local Viking 

To do this I had to find a program that is both easy to navigate and understand 
I highly recommend BrightLocal 

The process after getting my website to a reasonable level was to order citations on Fiverr 
The more niche, the better.

I recommend looking at your top competitors with Brightlocal and matching or ordering more citations through  Brightlocal 

I also looked at Fiverr, which is by far the cheapest option, but you have to research credentials and levels.

Look at your top competitors' keywords and then optomise your GMB listing together with your website to match those keywords and get content written for you on Fiverr, again check the sellers' credentials and level.


Backlinks ...Well, well, well....


This is not a quick process , the citations you order will help get backlinks too, but the quickest way is to ask other sites in your trade / profession to reference your site. This was my route on a budget, however there are so many ways. Google does not love you if you buy them and this is against their terms and conditions, so buy them on fiverr at your own risk. Just saying.

I had to teach myself a bit about Wordpress, which seems from all accounts the easiest to self teach, with tutorials on the web, also the SEO and range of plugins, both paid and free, outweigh any other website builder by a mile - this was a big thing for me anyway. 


I would work on my reviews from each customer and once I started to see I was approaching 70+ reviews I started to see my rank increase in the local rankings for "near me" search terms 

The image below is dated 6/6/2020 ranking me organically 3rd on page 1 from page 5-6 ........ ZA Electrical Ltd 



Step 2 Study some more -  a different set of tools 


You tube - greatest invention of the 21st century 

I would need to learn about my GMB listing and how to maximise it 




Step 1 I had started - Logo - reviews - regular photos - weekly posts - Geo located and alt tag stuffed photos

step 2 study - Greg Gifford  - what a genius 



Step 3 - better analytical tools - Semrush - 




This  tool has a free trial period so if you want to try it you can cancel within the cool off period without being charged 


Armed with a new arsenal I felt much more confident . 


I can still see my DA is only 16 but my other signals - local authority and citations and reviews , outweigh my competitors ,after  altering my rich snippets , SEO title , Slug , meta description ,featured image of the rich snippets alt text ,title , captions, descriptions  ,

My rank shot up 





I'm currently bouncing between 1-2 position on Google maps and 2nd and 2-3rd position on organic rankings on Google . 





Have fun and good Luck on ranking your website 
Everything you need is at your fingertips !

Dune@connectseo.uk 

please contact me directly for help ! 


Dune Mac Donald 

https://connectseo.uk/seo-consultancy-seo-agency/

https://g.page/ConnectSEO?we


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local ranking factors for your website -3

Website - Search engine optimization -2